The Expand Buy-side panel is made up of senior representatives of buy-side financial institutions who provide voice of client feedback through co-created sell-side surveys.
The panel provides insight into client sentiment on current and expected market trends, broker service expectations and relative importance. Additionally, it provides a view of the competitor landscape at a product, region and client type level.
Who is it for?
- Heads of Strategy, Sales, Marketing and Product including eCommerce and Operations teams
- On Demand
Analysis is focused around four high-level topics:
- Market trends: advancement of electronification, regulatory implications and execution preference
- Broker choice behaviour: importance ratings of different service factors, number of counterparties by client type and research providers/channel preference
- Competitive positioning analysis against a group of investment banks: overall ranking by mentions, service criteria in Sales/Operations/eServices
- Brand Advocacy Index: a brand metric measuring brand advocacy and drivers of sentiment
Why do it?
The program enables firms to understand client stickiness, service areas in need of of improvement, and the competitive landscape and market more generally – at a regional and client type level.
Clients are presented with an opportunity to better understand the perceptions and behavior of their client base, by e.g. looking at their brand advocacy versus peers and what drives it. Additionally, the program provides insight into client trading behaviour and service expectations across different segments, as well as an illustration of the difference between general market sentiment and the sentiment of the firm’s own clients.
The insights provided by program can be used to identify risks, as well as revenue opportunities, across different client segments and markets.